Life coaches and experts blog and share their wisdom on how to live a happy, fulfilled life. They write about self management and parenting advice, career and how to succeed articles as well as answer questions from you about how to best navigate your life.

Subscribe to this list via RSS Blog posts tagged in exercise

Posted by on in Heart
groundhog
Were you too busy on Super Bowl Sunday watching the commercials to notice that groundhog Punxsutawney Phil had emerged from his burrow? He saw his shadow and went back in to hibernate predicting that the blistery winter weather much of the country has been experiencing will last for another six weeks. For many of us, winter weather does seem to drag on longer than we'd like. And being stuck at home in February and March doesn't usually lend itself to the same kind of staycation you'd take in the summer. So here are 4 tips to help you cope during the...

Posted by on in Health
finding the best fitting workout shoes
Well, it is that time of year again when the kids are back in school and enjoying a bunch of recreational activities. And, according to the American College of Sports Medicine, 85% of people wear running shoes that don't fit.   The Department of Health gives some useful tips for when and how to shop for athletic shoes. First, shop for shoes at the end of the day because your feet can increase up to a half size during a single day due to swelling. The socks that you will be walking or exercising in should be worn when trying on the...
core strengthening exercises for your back
Abdominal strengthening You’ve associated it with lying on your back and doing the dreaded crunches! When I have seen people do this in the gym, often they strain their necks once their abdominal is fatigued and their form goes out the window. If their hands are behind their head, they are pulling their necks forward, rather than contracting their abdomens. If you have back problems, lying on your back doing crunches might not be the safest way to build up those core muscles.  Core strengthening is essential to good posture, strength in any kind of arm or leg swing while participating in...

Posted by on in Health
posture and aging
"Stand up straight!" "Get your shoulders back!" Did you ever hear those words from your parents or a coach? Being conscious of how we carry ourselves is the key to good posture.  However, contrary to popular belief, good posture is more than just pulling your shoulders back and standing up straight. Yes, those are very important factors in having good posture, but having a strong core and lower body strength is equally important. Our upper body makes up 70% of our total body weight; the remaining 30% is comprised of our core and legs, which supports our upper body. If your...

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries